Students in middle and high schools form and manage school
based import/export companies. They start by forming a company,
selecting managers, selling stock, and delegating
Once they get companies up and running, Achievers students
learn numerous real-world skills as they negotiate the
challenges of the global marketplace. They learn about
e-commerce, foreign currency exchange, product research and
development, marketing, shipping, and the all important need to
balance the bottom line.
Throughout the year the student entrepreneurs hold business
meetings, meet deadlines, and deal with the problems, risks and
rewards of running an international business.
Technology and Global Achievers
The Global Achievers program is structured around
cutting-edge business technology. Students and teachers are
challenged to communicate with partner schools using e-mail, the
Internet, and *video conferencing, and to promote their products
and activities by developing web and e-commerce sites on the
Through video conferencing, the students are able to see their
overseas neighbors and business partners. The excitement created
by this exchange further promotes the ideals and possibilities
contained within the Global Achievers program.
*Video conferencing is
made possible by Georgia Statewide Academic and Medical Systems
British Telecom (BT)
How can students benefit from Global Achievers?
• Students get a real world experience in this program.
• They get to know students in another country - and quickly
learn how similar and how different they are.
• They learn how to run a business and how to make and manage
• They learn how important communication is and the need to
communicate frequently, clearly and accurately.
• They learn teamwork and how to work with each other,
parents and teachers, business mentors, and their international
• Leadership also surfaces in this program.
• They also learn about potential careers in business,
international studies, foreign languages, and others.
• They also develop an increasing degree of self-confidence,
poise, and self esteem from participating in Global Achievers.